Friday, February 01, 2013

Pinterest Post Day

Hello again, crafters...  

This is my 3rd Pinterest Post Day post!  Hard to believe!

I hope that you enjoy this one, it's all about card/paper techniques that I have and have not tried.  I am looking forward to being able to try the ones that I haven't.  I will post my attempts at the ones that I have.  Here we go...
Techniques that I have tried....

This one I tried Sunday for the first time... here's my pin to Tammy Tutterow's tutorial on how to create this beautiful background...


Here is how mine turned out...


On the left is as close as I could get the paper to looking like hers... except I didn't have the correct stamp or ink and so I left that part out on the right attempt and just dry embossed with out stamping onto the embossing folder.  (this description will make more sense if you have seen Tammy's tutorial ;-)  All in all, I do like the effect and will try it again and maybe try to use different colours?

So here is another pin to Stamp & Scrap with Frenchie!  I had seen these trees and wanted to try them so I pinned this and went back to the pin later.  It is an easy and lovely addition to any Christmas paper project... hmmmm... I wonder if you could try it with felt too?!  


Here are my versions...



So that is it for the pins that I have done... here are the ones that I haven't tried yet... but I will...

So this blog, Mel Stampz, is one that I check regularly and pin often... ;-)

The latest technique that I pinned of hers is a Faux Tin Tile tutorial and I am desperate to give it a try SOON!  Check it out, try it and let me know how it goes!



The next pin is from Wallflower Paper Crafts... This one is a pin to a cool twisting paper box that is pretty detailed but here is the link to download the pattern and tutorial...


This next pin is from Michelle's Rubber Room and it's a great way to use up those leftover patterned napkins that you bought for that party and didn't need a WHOLE pack.  She adheres the top patterned layer to a piece of card stock (with plastic wrap and an iron!) and poof... instant specialty patterned paper!  Check it out...


Last, but certainly not least, this pin is to Jeanette Lynton's blog and another cool technique that I will try shortly... it's called two-colour embossing technique or the crackle/watercolour look.  I love it!


Well, that's it for another week... enjoy your weekends and I hope that you get time to craft up a storm!

Until next time...


No comments: