Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WASHI TAPE!!!

Hello crafters!  
Today's post is dedicated to Washi Tape:

I found this definition on "Wishy Washi Tape"




I know that the type is small, but you can also click on the link above and see it live on their site.  

I first saw Washi Tape on Scrap Time's blog, about a year and a bit ago and became a huge fan... this is the video that I saw:


I love this blog because there are new episodes every day, featuring great techniques and projects and ... well ... Christine Urias is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada ... a fellow Canuck!  

Here are some more Washi Tape videos of hers...




This next video is for a Washi Tape holder, (here's a link to where Christine got her inspiration) which I would like to make for my collection! 


Here are a few pins that I have for different Washi Tape project and inspiration...

8) A bunch of Washi Tape Cards
11) This is a whole Pin Board called "Washi Worship" by The Paperie, a store in St. John's Newfoundland, Canada.

I really have to make more with my Washi Tape!  I have a bunch but I always forget about them as I don't have a great holder for them!  As soon as I make that puppy, just watch me go!  ;-)  Here is what I have so far:



I made a matching envelope for the above card...


On this card, I made the flowers our of Washi Tape as well as put a matching strip along the bottom to stamp my Birthday greeting.


And that's about all I have to tell you about Washi, other than it is an easy embellishment to add to a card, envelope or gift bag... and as you can see by the pins, there are so many other, EASY, projects to use Washi!  

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. \hello:) What was shipping like from the US? Did you have to pay customs fees? I'm in Ontario too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Lee,

      Sorry, I would love to order from Wishi Washi Tapes, but I found my collection in random spots. I have been finding them in Scrapbooking stores more and more(Just went to Flim Flam in Brantford and saw some there.).

      Other than that, The Paper Place on Queen St. in Toronto had a huge selection in August when I went there. http://www.thepaperplace.ca

      Good luck on your hunt, try your local scrapbooking stores, they are the best.

      Sorry that I couldn't answer your question. :-/

      Terri @
      Rock, Paper, Scissors, Craft

      Delete