Friday, January 18, 2013

Pinterest Post Day...

Hello crafters,

It's been a week and well, I missed yesterday... oops... I was bogged down with lots of work so I hope today will make up for it.

Friday's are saved for my favourite Pinterest posts... except the one I am going to write about today... I can't find my pin... :-/

So, what I did do is search (really hard to find anything on this at all, now!) through Google and YouTube and found some blogs that have pictures... no video tutorials, sorry!  

Without further ado... it's an explosion box with a crib (complete with a mobile) inside.  So here's is the video that I made of my version... 




I had to adjust my measurements from the tutorial that I had because the crib wouldn't fit in the explosion box... which I couldn't adjust because it is made from a piece of 12 X 12 paper and well... you can't make the paper bigger! Here is a link to a great video tutorial for the box... PS:  I really love Frenchie's blog I check it out every day!


Here are some pictures of my attempt at the 3D paper crib...
 In progress...

In the box...

Here is the finished product!  So the very good friend that it was for, loves purple and stars.  I used a little pair of tights for the "mattress" and the "baby blanket" is a wash cloth.  The wash cloth/blanket served another purpose... when I was cutting out the bars of that side of the crib, I cut it incorrectly and had to scotch tape it!  Ooops!  So it also covers up little boo boos.  Tee hee 

So, since I could not find my original pin, here are some links to the new pins....

Here.... same blog
Here is a twist on it with a Star Wars theme
Here is a different version again...ScrappinbyKris

Well, I hope that you all enjoyed this weeks Pinterest Post Day and had a good laugh at my amateur video!  Enjoy your weekend and I will "see" you Monday!

Until next time...

A Pinterest friendly pic:


1 comment:

  1. This crib is so creative! I just showed Kelly ( who is sitting next to me) and she says, "Oh my gosh thats so good! Awesome!"

    ReplyDelete