Thursday, January 10, 2013

My first post!!!

Good morning all!  

I hope that you like the look of my new blog... I am loving it!  Thanks to Anne Dang, this blog is finally not just a thought in my head.  Yay!

So for my first craft post, I will post about the "process".  Well, it all started over at a friends house (well a sister of a friend, at the time ;) around a kitchen table and about four ladies.  You see, said sister, Kathy, is a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and I had NEVER made a greeting card in my life... oh well, I guess when I was in grade school, but I'm pretty sure those don't count!  As soon as I cut out, stamped and embellished my first card, I was hooked and been making cards ever since.  

After the "addiction" grew, Pinterest came into view and well, I started to "craft"!  I have been making all sorts of things with ideas that I found and "pinned".   Because of the "P"interesting things on Pinterest, I am going to declare my Friday posts to be called "Pinterest Post Day"!  

So for pictures to include with today's post I will show you some of my very first cards (don't judge my current work by them, please, I promise that I am much better after 2 1/2 years!) ...



The above are pretty primitive




You can see that I was trying to "branch" out on the above examples... notice the "left-handed" pinwheel card.... OOPS!







The last are of my first real attempt at Christmas cards.... getting better at this point! 

Thank you all for reading and I hope that you come back tomorrow for "Pinterest Post Day" # 1!

Keep on crafting on!
Terri

4 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Love your x mas cards! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome !!!!love love love it!!!Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! The blog looks great! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing how your cards have evolved over the past little while. You are awesome at it and I wish I could take some credit but you've taught yourself so much. I will gladly be your "crack" dealer though :)

    ReplyDelete