Wednesday, January 23, 2013

And even MORE cards....


Hellooooo crafters! 

I hope that you are all keeping warm today!?  It's a frigid -17C (with windchill, it's -28C, apparently.  I wouldn't know, I'm not going outside until this afternoon, after it warms up a titch!) here in Southern Ontario... I always thought it was "warmer" here!!!  Not so much?

So today, I am sharing more of my cards... these, I think, start to feel more "classy" and "mature".  I hope that you think so too and maybe they will inspire some of you to try making cards... It really is fun and you never have to buy those over priced and ugly cards from ... well ... you know where. ;-)


This one is called a "step card" and there are different types of them... like these...




This last one I added because I thought the dresser version is really cute and I want to try it myself! ;-)
PS:  I just typed "side step card" into the search on YouTube.








Although you cannot see in this picture, I used green "flocking" on the tree for the leaves. (the link is to the product that I used, but it seems that they may be not going to sell it anymore at Martha Stewart?)




It's always nice to add something inside to continue the theme ... you can also add something to the envelope which will tie it all together.  This part I need to work on, as I tend to forget! :-/



For this one I ripped a piece of paper in the design above and used masking tape to hold them where I wanted the "wave" and used a brayer to apply the ink... then made the wave smaller and brayered again.  Then, of course, I stamped the image and the sentiment.  This is a "masking" technique.  It's easy, fun and pretty.  



This metal "paper" is awesome!  I loved working with it and I HAVE to get more of it!  It came in gold, brownish, pink and this teal.  They have other colours, too! 









For this little beauty, I embossed on glossy white paper and then sponged on the colours with Sponge Daubers from Stampin' Up! because they are nice and small, good for details.


Well that's it for today!  I hope that you enjoyed my cards today.

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment